Old Town Hall
The former Town Hall in Thornaby is located on the corner of Railway Terrace and Mandale Road. It was built 1890-1892, designed by James Garry of West Hartlepool, in the free Renaissance style. This is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England. A plaque on the states: "By The Generosity Of Alderman William Anderson, First Mayor of Thornaby-on-Tees The Clock and Chimes in this Tower were given for the Benefit of the People."