Old Stable Block near Belsay Castle


The former stables and carriage house located by Belsay Castle were built in the early 18th Century. They are a Grade II listed building. A new stable block was built by Belsay Hall in 1817.

from Geograph (geograph)
Belsay Hall - stables near the castle

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Geograph (geograph)
Belsay Castle courtyard

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Geograph (geograph)
Stone barn behind Belsay Castle

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from https://historicengland.org...
STABLES APPROX 30 YDS NORTH-WEST OF BELSAY CASTLE - List Entry
- "Former stables and carriage house. Early C18. Ashlar. 2 storeys, 9 windows. 2 boarded doors and all window openings have raised surrounds with keystones. A 3rd boarded door with plain ...

Added by
Pat Thomson

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES