Topics > Northumberland > Whittingham > Old Court House and Police Station, Whittingham

Old Court House and Police Station, Whittingham


Situated on Callaly Road in Whittington, this former police station and police house was built in 1859. For many years this was the Northumbria Police Expedition Centre. It is now a private residence. The building is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Whittingham Historic Buildings and Monuments in Whittingham Vale Civil Parish 1859
from Geograph (geograph)
Former Northumbria Police Expedition Centre

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
NORTHUMBRIA POLICE EXPEDITION CENTRE - Whittingham - List Entry
- "....Former police station and police house, now a police youth expedition centre. 1859. Ashlar with graduated Lakeland slate roof. Tudor style. 2-storey, front block with 2 parallel rear wings. First ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES