Brotton Railway Station (1865 - 1970s)
Brotton Railway Station was located south side of Skelton Road in Brotton. The station was built by the Cleveland Railway company and opened to freight traffic on the 23rd of February 1865, this including the transporting of ironstone mined in the area. The station was opened to passengers on the 1st of April 1875. It was closed to passengers on the 30th of April 1960, after which it was used as a coal depot until it's final closure in the 1970s.