North Middleston (Hartburn),1848
MIDDLETON, NORTH, a township, in the parish of Hartburn, union of Morpeth, W. division of Morpeth ward, N. division of Northumberland, 8¾ miles (W. by S.) from Morpeth; containing 92 inhabitants. This place, which was also called Middleton Morell, from an ancient proprietor named Morell, was afterwards divided among various proprietors. The township comprises 1,078 acres, of which 130 are arable, 900 pasture, and 48 woodland; the soil is generally a rich loam, and the scenery is pleasingly varied. The tithes have been commuted for £31 payable to the impropriator, and £60 to the vicar of Hartburn. There is a place of worship in connexion with the United Secession of Scotland. A chantry endowed with 60 acres of arable and meadow land in 1397, appears to have existed in a chapel here, but nothing of the history of either of these institutions is now known.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Not to be confused with North Middleton in Iderton, also in Northumberland.