Topics > Cumbria > St John's in the Vale > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Kendal Town Council area > Kendal Parish, 1848 > Nether Graveship
The civil parishes of Kirkland and Nether Graveship were absorbed into Kendal in 1908.
GRAVESHIP, NETHER, a township, in the parish, union, and ward of Kendal, county of Westmorland, 1 mile (S.) from Kendal; containing 334 inhabitants. Collinfield House, in the township, exhibits some beautiful geometrical windows, fine specimens of the style prevailing in the reign of Elizabeth. At a place called Stone-Cross Barn, an ancient cross has been standing from time immemorial.
Add a comment or share a memory.