N.E. Co-op, John Street
"This building was opened in 1895 by the North Shields Co-operative Society, subsequently North Eastern Co-operative Society. It is still in use by the Co-op. The building has good positioning on a principle roundabout in Cullercoats. It has its original windows at upper floors, distinctive tall timber-clad tower on corner with weather vane, and good stone detailing." (Register of Buildings and Parks of Local Architectural and Historic Interest, North Tyneside Council).