Topics > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Lamplugh Civil Parish > Lamplugh Parish, 1848 > Murton Township, Lamplugh, 1848
Murton Township, Lamplugh, 1848
MURTON, or Moor-Town, a township, in the parish of Lamplugh, union of Whitehaven, Allerdale ward above Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 8 miles (E. by N.) from Whitehaven; containing 156 inhabitants. The manufacture of spades, shovels, etc., is carried on; and there are several lime-works.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Add a comment or share a memory.