Masters Close, 1848
Near Ovingham - not shown on modern maps.
MASTER'S CLOSE, an extra-parochial liberty, in the union of Hexham, S. division of the county of Northumberland; containing 11 inhabitants.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
MASTERS-CLOSE, an extra-parochial tract in Hexham district, Northumberland; 9½ miles E of Hexham. Pop., 3. House, 1.