Topics > Tees Valley > Liverton Mines

Liverton Mines


Liverton Mines is a village in Redcar and Cleveland, located a short distance to the west of Loftus. The settlement grew in association with Livertonn Ironstone Mine, which was established here in 1863, and operated up to 1923.

Tees Valley Liverton Ironstone Mine Liverton, Redcar and Cleveland Redcar and Cleveland Loftus Town Council
from Geograph (geograph)
Terraced cottages in Liverton Mines

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Hollywell View pub, Liverton Mines

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Liverton Mine Village Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Post Office and General Store

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Downe Street

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
View Over Liverton Mine

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Liverton Ironstone Mine
  Co-Curate Page
Liverton Ironstone Mine
- Liverton Ironstone Mine, near Loftus in Redcar and Cleavland, opened in 1863. By 1921 the mine employed 293 people (193 working below ground, 100 on the surface).[1] The mine closed in ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES