Lee Ward, Northumberland, 1848
LEE-WARD, a township, in the parish and union of Rothbury, W. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 3½ miles (S.S.E.) from Rothbury; containing 91 inhabitants. It is the property of the Duke of Northumberland.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.