Lartington, County Durham
Lartington is a village in County Durham, located about 2 miles east of Barnard Castle and just under a mile south of Cotherstone. The village is located by Scur Beck, which flows into the nearby River Tees. Lartington is also a civil parish.
Lartington is a village and civil parish about west of the town of Barnard Castle, in Teesdale, in the Pennines of England. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 135.
Lartington is historically in the North Riding of Yorkshire but along with the rest of the former Startforth Rural District it was transferred to County Durham for administrative and ceremonial purposes on 1 April 1974 under the Local Government Act 1972.
The parish is notable for Lartington Hall, the seat of a Roman Catholic family who were recusants. Lartington railway station was on the South Durham and Lancashire Union Railway, which is now abandoned. It opened in 1861 and closed in 1962.