Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Ennerdale and Kinniside Civil Parish > Kinniside, 1848
KINNEYSIDE, a township, in the parish of St. Bees, union of Whitehaven, Allerdale ward above Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 3¾ miles (N.E. by N.) from Egremont; containing 223 inhabitants, of whom many are employed in some extensive lead-mines here, and others at a smelting-mill belonging to the London Lead Company.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Add a comment or share a memory.