Topics > Tyne and Wear > Gateshead > Kibblesworth > Kibblesworth Colliery (1842 - 1974)

Kibblesworth Colliery (1842 - 1974)

Kibblesworth Bowes Railway Collieries
Kibblesworth Colliery
- Opened 1842. Closed: 04 Oct 1974. Detailed information about the colliery.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Youtube (youtube)
Durham Coal Mining 4 of 5 - County Durham

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Bowes Railway Path at Kibblesworth

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Tyne and Wear HER(3770): Kibblesworth, Kibblesworth Colliery
- "A Colliery was opened in Kibblesworth in 1717 by Cotesworth, James Clavering, Henry Liddell and John Hedworth. The colliery shown on Ordnance Survey first edition however opened in 1842 and ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Image from page 137 of "Transactions" (1852)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

Tyne & Wear HER: 3770
Grid ref: NZ243562


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.