Topics > Cumbria > Hutton Roof (South Lakeland)

Hutton Roof (South Lakeland)


Hutton Roof is a village in the South Lakeland district of Cumbria, located just over 2 miles west of Kirkby Lonsdale. St John's Church is located in the north end of the village. Historically, Hutton Roof was a chapelry in the ancient parish of Kirkby Lonsdale in Westmorland. Today, the village forms part of the Civil Parish of Hutton Roof.

Not to be confused with Hutton Roof near Penrith.

Hutton Roof is a village and civil parish in the South Lakeland district of Cumbria, England, close to Kirkby Lonsdale and Hutton Roof Crags. Historically in Westmorland, the parish includes the hamlet of Newbiggin. It has a population of 193, increasing to 218 at the 2011 Census.

Text from Wikipedia, available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License (accessed: 01/11/2020).
Visit the page: Hutton Roof, South Lakeland for references and further details. You can contribute to this article on Wikipedia.
Cumbria Hutton Roof Civil Parish Hutton Roof Chapelry, Westmorland, 1848 Church of St. John, Hutton Roof War Memorial, Hutton Roof
from Geograph (geograph)
Hutton Roof

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hutton Roof

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hutton Roof Post Office

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hutton Roof Village Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
AA sign, Hutton Roof

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Converted Wesleyan Chapel, Hutton Roof

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
'God is Love', converted chapel, Hutton Roof

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hutton Roof cottage with anti-wind farm placard

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hutton Roof, St. John's

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hutton Roof from the Cuckoo Stone

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Hutton Roof Chapelry, Westmorland, 1848
  Co-Curate Page
Hutton Roof Chapelry, Westmorland, 1848
- HUTTON-ROOF, a chapelry, in the parish of Kirkby-Lonsdale, union of Kendal, Lonsdale ward, county of Westmorland, 3¼ miles (W. by S.) from Kirkby-Lonsdale; containing 319 inhabitants. It comprises 2,120 acres, ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES