Holy Saviour Church, Sugley, Lemington


Holy Saviour Church in Lemington was built in 1837 as Sugley Parish Church, and is located by Sugley Dene. The church was designed by Benjamin Green. It is reputed to have been built north-south, rather than the usual east-west, to avoid an disused mine shaft.[1]

from Geograph (geograph)
Holy Saviour Church, Lemington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Sugley , Parish Church of the Holy Saviour

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Hioly saviour Church, Sugley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Holy Saviour Church, Lemington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://holysavioursugley.org/
Holy Saviour, Sugley
- Official Website of the Church.

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES