Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Rothley with Hollinghill Civil Parish > Hollinghill, 1848

Hollinghill, 1848


HOLLINGHILL, a township, in the parish and union of Rothbury, W. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 4 miles (S. by W.) from Rothbury; containing 114 inhabitants. It is situated in a wild district, near the Forest burn, east of the road between Rothbury and Wallington, and is the property of the Duke of Northumberland.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.

Rothley with Hollinghill Civil Parish Rothbury Parish, 1848

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES