Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Coniston Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Coniston

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Coniston


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Coniston Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Note
Atkinson Ground Farmhouse and Attached Cottages 1325527 II    
Atkinson Ground House 1087281 II    
Barn to East of High Waterhead 1087250 II    
Barn to North West of Dixon Ground Farmhouse 1087243 II    
Barn to South East of Atkinson Ground Farmhouse and Cottages 1335726 II    
Barn to South West of Low Yewdale Farmhouse 1087248 II    
Barn to South West of Yew Tree Farmhouse 1087246 II    
Barns to East of Boon Crag Farmhouse 1087251 II    
Bee Boles to North East of High Bank Ground Farmhouse 1107183 II    
Bee Boles to North of High Yewdale Farm 1087247 II    
Boon Crag and Adjoining Barn 1107897 II    
Boon Crag Cottage 1325187 II    
Boon Crag Farmhouse 1107888 II    
Boundary Stone on Site of Three Shire Stones 1311547 II    
Bowmanstead 1087249 II    
Brantwood 1335727  II* 1797 House, now a museum.
Bridge End Cottage and Attached Barn 1335753 II    
Church of St Andrew 1087244 II 1819  
Coniston Hall 1119652  II*    
Coniston War Memorial 1438851 II 1920 Carved by Barbara Collingwood.
Cottage to Rear of Sun Inn Public House 1335748 II    
Counting House to North East of Monk Coniston Hall 1087253 II    
Dixon Ground Farmhouse and Outbuilding 1087242 II    
Drinking Fountain 1325220 II    
Eye Catcher Approximately 202 Metres North East of Shepherd Bridge 1335747 II    
Former Coach House and Stable Approximately 100 Metres South of Brantwood 1107197 II    
Former Stables to North of Monk Coniston Hall 1107864 II    
Haws Bank House and adjoining cottage 1087255 II    
High Bank Ground Farmhouse and Barn 1087282 II    
High Hall Garth 1087257 II    
High Tilberthwaite Farmhouse and Outbuilding 1106278 II    
High Yewdale Farmhouse and Outbuildings 1335750 II    
Hollin Bank Cottage 1087254 II    
Icehouse Approximately 30 Metres to North of Brantwood 1087284 II    
Knipe Ground 1107217 II    
Limekiln 1107914 II    
Lodge and Former Stable Approximately 70 Metres to South of Brantwood 1087283  II*    
Low Hall Garth 1119634 II    
Low Tilberthwaite 1087280 II    
Low Yewdale Cottage 1107908 II    
Low Yewdale Farmhouse and Cottage 1335751 II    
Memorial Cross to John Ruskin Approximately 23 Metres East of St Andrew's Church 1335749 II 1901 Ruskin memorial
Monk Coniston 1087252 II C18th House
Nos 1-6 Far End Cottages 1335752 II    
Outbuilding Approximately 30 Metres to South of Brantwood 1107193 II    
Pierce How Bridge 1323745 II    
Privy Approximately 13 Metres to South of Coniston Hall 1087256 II    
Rowlandson Ground 1107204 II    
S.V. Gondola Stores 1325207 II    
Shepherd's Bridge 1325971 II    
Tarn Hows Cottage 1335725 II    
Yew Tree Farmhouse 1087245 II    
Two bloomeries, 340m and 570m NNE of Hoathwaite Landing on Coniston Water 1007125 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Coniston copper mines 1003055 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Yewdale lime kiln 380m south west of Low Yewdale 1021014 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Greenburn copper mines and associated ore processing works 1020925 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Long Intakes medieval dispersed settlement and associated kiln 370m south of Fell Foot 1021187 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Cairns and enclosure on The Rigg, Banishead 1007246 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Cairns on Foul Scrow 1007247 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Enclosure on Steeling Hill 1004120 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Seven Intakes medieval dispersed settlement 210m south west of Fell Foot 1021186 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries. Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

Coniston Civil Parish War Memorial Monk Coniston Church of St Andrew Brantwood Ruskin Memorial
Brantwood
  Co-Curate Page
Brantwood
- Overview About Brantwood Map Street View Brantwood is a historic house and museum located by Coniston Water and about one and a half miles south-east (across the lake) of the ...
Church of St Andrew
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Andrew
- Overview Map Street View St Andrew's Church in Coniston was built in 1819 and is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England. The churchyard includes the Memorial ...
War Memorial
  Co-Curate Page
War Memorial
- The war memorial in Coniston is located in the churchyard of St. Andrew's Church. It was built to commemorate 21 local servicemen who lost their lives in the First World ...
Ruskin Memorial
  Co-Curate Page
Ruskin Memorial
- Overview Map Street View  
Monk Coniston
  Co-Curate Page
Monk Coniston

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES