Hesleyhurst township, 1848
HESLEY-HURST, a township, in the parish and union of Rothbury, W. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 4 miles (S.E. by S.) from Rothbury; containing 36 inhabitants. It lies between the Forest burn and the Maglin burn, which latter forms the southern boundary of the parish. The township is the property of the Duke of Northumberland.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.