Hepple Demesne, 1848
HEPPLE-DEMESNE, a township, in the parish and union of Rothbury, W. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland; containing, with Whitefield House, 23 inhabitants. It was anciently held by the Tailbois family, from whom it passed to the Ogles: the barony was sold by the Duke of Portland, in 1803, to Sir John Buchanan Riddell. The tithes have been commuted for £19.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Hepple Demense township became a civil parish in 1866, but this was abolished in 1889. It then (presumably) became part of Hepple Civil Parish