Healey Township, 1848
HEALLY, a township, in the parish of Bywell St. Peter, union of Hexham, E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 7½ miles (S.E.) from Hexham; containing 65 inhabitants. This place, which is situated above three miles south-west from Bywell, was long the property of the Roman Catholic family of Sanderson, from whom it was purchased some years since by Robert Ormston, Esq., by whom considerable improvements have been made, by building, by draining and fencing, and inclosing common land. About 600 acres have been planted.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.