Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Musgrave Civil Parish > Great Musgrave Parish, 1848
Great Musgrave Parish, 1848
MUSGRAVE, GREAT (St. Theobald), a parish, in East ward and union, county of Westmorland, 2 miles (W.S.W.) from Brough; containing 167 inhabitants. This parish comprises 4,080 acres, of which 2,400 are common or waste; it is bounded on the southeast by the river Belo, and on the south-west by the Eden, which is crossed by a bridge of two arches, erected in 1826. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £16. 1. 11½.; net income, £149; patron, the Bishop of Carlisle. The Rev. Septimus Collinson, D.D., in 1827 left £1500 three per cent. consols. for the endowment of a free school, which is conducted on the national plan.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Add a comment or share a memory.