Freeholders Quarter, Longhorsley, 1848
FREEHOLDERS' QUARTER, a township, in the parish of Long Horsley, union of Morpeth, W. division of Morpeth ward, N. division of Northumberland; containing 109 inhabitants. Among the ancient proprietors of this place were the families of Ogle, Grey, and Widdrington. It is now the property, as its name imports, of a number of owners, and comprises about 854 acres, having within its limits the hamlets of Blackpool, Muckley, and West Moor; the village of Long Horsley is also partly in the quarter. The land in the vicinity is considerably above the level of the sea. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £37. 14., and the vicarial for £16; there is a glebe of 54½ acres.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.