Framlington Colliery (closed 1931)


The colliery, often called Long Framlington Colliery, was located near Longframlington in Northumberland. Its pits included Fanny Pit, Howey Pit, John Pit and Framlington Colliery. In the early 20th century it was owned by Long Framlington Coal Co Ltd. and then later by the Co-Operative Wholesale Society Ltd.; the colliery closed in 1931. (source: Durham Mining Museum)

from http://www.dmm.org.uk/colli...
Framlington Colliery
- Also known as Longframlington Colliery

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.fusilier.co.uk/n...
Longframlington Colliery
- Amble and District Mining Memorial - details of 2 miners who lost their lives at Longframlington Colliery.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Longframlington Colliery (1905)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Longframlington
  Co-Curate Page
Longframlington
- Overview About Longframlington Map Street View Longframlington is a village in Northumberland, located about 10 miles north-west of Morpeth and 5 miles east of Rothbury. Front Street in Longframlington is ...
from Geograph (geograph)
Spoil heap from Longframlington Colliery

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES