List number: 1041334
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ3209779310

Fort Coulson, Blyth


Fort Coulson was a coastal defence fort located on the Links at Blyth. It was originally built in the late 19th century, then remodelled as a gun emplacement during the First World War. It was used again in the Second World War. The fort is a Grade II listed building.
from Geograph (geograph)
Fort Coulson WW1 Gun Emplacement

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Fort Coulson, WW1 Magazine

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Blyth Battery

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
FORT ON BLYTH LINKS - List Entry
- Coastal defence fort. Late C19 in origin, remodelled 1914-18; some altera- tions 1939-45. Reinforced concrete; brick. The fort, built on and partly into a sand-dune hill, consists of a pair ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES