Flimby Parish, 1848
FLIMBY (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Cockermouth, Allerdale ward below Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 2 miles (S. by W.) from Maryport; containing 546 inhabitants. The parish was a chapelry in Cammerton, from which it was separated in 1545: it lies on the sea-coast, and comprises 1155a. 26p., of which 384 acres are woodland; the district abounds with coal. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £82; patrons, the Landowners. The church was rebuilt in 1794.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.