Ferryhill Station is a village in County Durham, located immediately south-east of Ferryhill, and about 6 miles south of Durham. It takes its name from the railway station for Ferryhill, built here in c.1840. The settlement developed in the late 19th century associated with industry and the opening of Mainsforth Colliery. The railway station closed to passengers on the 6th of March 1967. Mainsforth Sports Complex in Ferryhill Station is built on part of the former colliery site and hosts Mainsforth Cricket Club, which was established by miners from the colliery in the early 1900s.