Fawdon with Clinch and Hartside Township, 1848
FAWDON, with Clinch and Hartside, a township, in the parish of Ingram, union of Glendale, N. division of Coquetdale ward and of Northumberland, 9¾ miles (S. by E.) from Wooler; containing 54 inhabitants. It is situated south of the river Breamish, and about a mile east-south-east of Ingram; the hamlet of Clinch is about a mile east of that village, and Hartside, an uncultivated moor, lies at the foot of Cheviot, to the north-west of Ingram, about midway between the Scottish border and the road from Morpeth to Wooler. The tithes of Fawdon have been commuted for £37. 5.; those of Clinch for £31. 2. 8., and the tithes of Hartside for £29. 13. 8.: there is a glebe of 18 acres.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Not to be confused with Fawdon in Newcastle.