ELLERINGTON, a quarter, in the parochial chapelry of Haydon, N.W. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 4¼ miles (W.) from Hexham; containing 337 inhabitants. This place is situated in the north-western extremity of Hexhamshire; and the Hexham and Haydon-Bridge road, and South Tyne river, run at a little distance to the north.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
The spelling of the place name is slightly different, but this very probably includes the hamlet of East Elrington.