List number: 1232783
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NU0614825966

East Lodge, Chillingham


The East Lodge by the entrance to Chillingham Castle is an octagonal building, built in 1828 by Sir Jeffrey Wyatville for the Earl of Tankerville. It is located close to St Peter's Church. The lodge is a Grade II listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
Lodge, Chillingham

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
Lodge, Chillingham Castle

Pinned by Peter Smith
from https://historicengland.org...
EAST LODGE - Chillingham - List Entry
- "Lodge. 1828 by Sir Jeffrey Wyatville for the Earl of Tankerville. Ashlar. Roof not visible. Tudor style. Octagonal plan. 2 storeys. Mainly one-light, Tudor- arched windows in chamfered reveals, but ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES