Duddo Township, 1848
DUDDO, a township, in the parish of Norham, otherwise Norhamshire, union of Berwick-upon-Tweed, N. division of Northumberland; containing 276 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1,650 acres, of which 1,420 are arable, and 230 pasture: there are two farms in the township, and a colliery, to which a small portion of land is attached. A chapel of ease was consecrated in 1832. On the summit of a small rocky hill are the remains of Duddo Tower, and near it four rude stones of Druidical origin.