Cowpen War Memorial


The war memorial in Cowpen, Blyth, is located on the junction of Briardale Road and Cowpen Road. It was built in 1920 to commemorate 59 local servicemen who lost their lives in the First World War. After the Second World War the names of 16 men who died in that conflict were added to the memorial. Cowpen War Memorial is Grade II listed.

from Flickr (flickr)
Cowpen War Memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Cowpen War Memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.iwm.org.uk/memo...
Cowpen War Memorial
- "....Tommy in Service Dress Cap resting on arms reversed on rectangualr plinth and two-stepped base. Slope of plinth bears relief of a Zeppelin and aircraft, and a submarine. Inscription: TO ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
First World War Memorial, Blyth
  Co-Curate Page
First World War Memorial, Blyth
- Overview Map Street View The First World War memorial for Blyth (including New Delaval, Newsham, Bebside and Cowpen) was originally located outside the Knight Memorial Hospital on Beaconsfield Street. It ...
from https://historicengland.org...
WAR MEMORIAL TO WEST OF JUNCTION WITH BRIARDALE ROAD - Cowpen - List Entry
- "War Memorial to west of junction with Briardale Road II War memorial, c.1919. Limestone with inlaid marble tablets. Stepped chamfered plinth with carved panels of aircraft attacking Zeppelin and ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES