Church of St Margaret, Wythop
St Margaret's is the parish church of Wythop, located in a dramatic setting on the side of Sale Fell, about ½ mile west of Routenbeck. The church was consecrated by the Bishop of Carlisle on the 31st of July, 1866. It replaced the old church, the ruins of which stand in Chapel Wood near Kelsick. A Sunday School was built near the church in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee.