Topics > Tees Valley > Loftus > Church of St. Leonard

Church of St. Leonard


St Leonard's Church in Loftus was built by Ignatius Bonomi in 1811, on the site of an earlier medieval church. The Parish Church is located off the Hight Street. It is a Grade II listed building

Loftus Churches and Cathedrals Ignatius Bonomi (1787 - 1870) 1811
from Geograph (geograph)
St Leonard's Parish Church - High Street

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST LEONARD - Loftus - List Entry
- "Church, 1811 by Ignatius Bonomi, on site of medieval church; chancel rebuilt 1888 by William Watson, nave largely rebuilt 1900 by Clark and Moscrop (Darlington). Dressed sandstone; plain clay tile ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1139673
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ7220318121
District: Tees Valley
Post code: TS13 4HG

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES