List number: 1292852
List grade: 2
Post code: DL14 8LY
Grid ref: NZ2361629780

Church of St James, Coundon


The Parish Church of St James in Coundon, County Durham was built between 1871 and 1873, designed by Ewan Christian. The Church was consecration by the Bishop of Durham on the 8th of July 1873. The Church is a Grade II listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
Coundon, Co. Durham, St James's Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.thenorthernecho....
Coundon church celebrates 140th anniversary
- Catherine Priestley, Norther Echo, 8 Jul 2013 : "A CHURCH celebrated its 140th anniversary at the weekend- marking one of the biggest periods of change in its history. St James’ Church ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST JAMES - Coundon - List Entry
- "Parish church. 1871-3. By Ewan Christian. MATERIALS: snecked stone with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roof with stone gable copings and red terracotta cresting and wrought-iron west cross finial. PLAN: chancel ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St James C Of E Church, Collingwood Street, Coundon, Bishop Auckland, Durham

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES