Tyne & Wear HER: 12031
Post code: NE16 5DL
Grid ref: NZ20495812

Church of St. Cuthbert, Marley Hill


.

St Cuthbert's Church in Marley Hill was built in 1877 in an Early English style.[1] The church was consecrated on the 15th of November 1877, by Charles Baring, the Bishop of Durham. The eastern part of the churchyard predates the church building and the colliery, and has a low battered boundary wall.
from Geograph (geograph)
St Cuthbert's Marley Hill

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Village Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://sitelines.newcastle...
Tyne and Wear HER(12031): Marley Hill, Church of St. Cuthbert
- "Built in 1877. Stands in a generous churchyard. Built of coursed sandstone and slate in a simple Early English style with grouped lancet windows. The eastern part of the churchyard ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES