Church of St Aidan, Lynemouth
St. Aidan's Church, located on West Market Street, is the parish church in Lynemouth. The church was built in 1925 in association with the establishing of Lynemouth Colliery, which was to drastically increase the population of the area. It was originally built as a chapel of ease to the parish church of St Mary's in Woodhorn. Lynemouth became an ecclesiastical (religious) parish in its own right in 1961.