Topics > Northumberland > Burton

Burton


The hamlets of East Burton and West Burton are located about 1 mile south of Bambrough and half a mile east of Glororum.

BURTON, a township, in the parish of Bambrough, union of Belford, N. division of Bambrough ward and of Northumberland, 5½ miles (E. by S.) from Belford; containing 111 inhabitants. It lies about a mile and a half south-by-west from Bambrough, and consists of a farm and some cottages. The North Sea is on the east.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Northumberland Bamburgh Parish, 1848 Bamburgh Civil Parish
from Geograph (geograph)
Houses at West Burton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Barn and limekiln near Burton Quarry

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES