Boer War Memorial, Ridley Park
The celtic cross in Ridley Park, Blyth, is a memorial to the 6 local service men who lost their lives in the Second Boer War (1899-1902). It is situated next to the First World War memorial at the north-west corner of the park. The monument was originally located ar the junction of Bridge Street and Freehold Street. It was designed by Morrison and McLean of Gateshead, and was unveiled on the 22nd of July 1903 by Lord Ridley. The monument was moved to Ridley Park in 1950.