Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Blindbothel Civil Parish > Blindbothel Township, 1848

Blindbothel Township, 1848


BLINDBOTHEL, a township, in the parish of Brigham, union of Cockermouth, Allerdale ward above Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 2½ miles (S.) from Cockermouth; containing 100 inhabitants. As a commutation in lieu of tithes, land was assigned to the impropriator in 1812.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.

Blindbothel Civil Parish Brigham Parish, 1848

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES