Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Martindale > Old Church of St. Martin, Martindale > Birket Tomb, St Martins Church, Martindale

Birket Tomb, St Martins Church, Martindale


This is the tomb of Richard Birket, dated 1699. He was benefactor of St Martin's Church in Martindale, and was curate here for 67 years. The tomb is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Old Church of St. Martin, Martindale Historic Buildings and Monuments in Martindale 1699
from Geograph (geograph)
The view up Martindale from St Martin's Churchyard

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Graveyard, Old Church of St. Martin

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
BIRKET MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES SOUTH ST MARTINS CHURCH - Martindale - List Entry
- "Monument. Dated 1699. Stone rubble with ashlar top slab. Moulded edge to slab and inscriptions, difficult to read, recording Richard Birket, benefactor of the church and for 67 years its ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1111883
List grade: 2
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY4345018391

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES