Belford Station


Belford Station closed on the 29th of January 1968. The former station is located just over half a mile east of Belford. It was built in c.1847 by Benjamin Green for the Newcastle and Berwick Railway.[1] When the it opened on the 29th of March 1847, Belford ("for Bambrough") was considered the principle station between Lesbury Station ("for Alnwick") and Tweedmouth Station ("for Berwick").[2] It is a Grade II listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
Belford Station

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
Belford Station house

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
The former Belford Railway Station

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
Belford Station

Pinned by Peter Smith
from https://historicengland.org...
BELFORD STATION - List Entry
- "Station. c.1847 by Benjamin Green for the Newcastle and Berwick Railway. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof. Tudor style. H-plan with flanking single-storey extensions. Entrance in cross wing to right ...

Added by
Peter Smith
from http://www.disused-stations...
Belford for Bambrough
- "....The village and parish of Belford had a population of about 2,000 when the Newcastle & Berwick Railway opened in 1847. That its station was considered the principal one ...

Added by
Peter Smith

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES