Bebside is an area of Blyth in Northumberland, located on the west side of the town. In the past, Bebside was a separate village, before the rapid growth of Blyth in the 19th century. Bebside Colliery was in operation here from 1858 and at it's peak, employed 1,016 people in 1910, but closed in 1926. Horton Grange Colliery opened close by in c.1934 and operated up to 1962. Historically, Bebside had been a township in the ancient chapelry of Horton. Then in 1866, Bebside became a civil parish, and remained so until 1920, when it was made part of Blyth Civil Parish.