Bainbridge Memorial Chapel, Eastgate
The Cuthbert Bainbridge Memorial Wesleyan Chapel in Eastgate was built in 1891. It was built by Emerson Muschamp Bainbridge, in memory of his father, Cuthbert Bainbridge, who was one of the founders of Newcastle’s Bainbridge department store in 1838. The chapel closed in 2011 as running costs became unsustainable and a final service was held on the 18th of December 2011. The building has since been converted for residential use.