Aislaby Township, 1848
AISLABY, a township, in the parish of Eaglescliffe, union of Stockton, S. W. division of Stockton ward, S. division of the county of Durham, 1¼ mile (W. by N.) from Yarm; containing 128 inhabitants. There was anciently a chapel dedicated to St. Thomas the Martyr, which was founded by William de Aslakby (now Aislaby) and Agnes his wife, in 1313; and the place was for several generations the residence of the family of Pemberton, whose mansion has been converted into an inn and several other tenements. The township is pleasantly situated on the northern bank of the Tees, by which it is separated from Yorkshire.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.