Topics > Historical Periods > 18th Century > 1750s > 1759

1759


< 1758 | 1759 | 1760 >

In Northern England:

  • 1759: workmen at Fulwell Hill unearthed a gigantic skeleton of a human body which measured nine feet six inches in length, and had two Roman coins in its right hand.
  • 1759: building of the Church of St Andrew in Lamesley, Gateshead (now Grade 2 listed)
1750s Lambert's Leap, Sandyford Road Church of St Andrew
from Geograph (geograph)
Parish Church of St Andrew, Lamesley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Church of St Andrew
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Andrew
- Overview Map Street View The church in Lamesley has medieval origins and can be trased back at least as far as the 13th century. The current church was built in&nbsp;1759&nbsp;repacing ...
Lambert's Leap, Sandyford Road
  Co-Curate Page
Lambert's Leap, Sandyford Road

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES