Woodside Township, Cumberland, 1848
WOODSIDE, a township, in the parish of Westward, union of Wigton, Allerdale ward below Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 2 miles (N.W. by N.) from Temple-Sowerby; containing 415 inhabitants. The Eden and Eamont unite their streams here. The tithes were commuted for land in 1811.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.