Wind Mill is a village in County Durham, located about 2 miles north of Evenwood, in the civil parish of Evenwood & Barony. There is a Methodist Chapel (1868) and a Millennium Seat opposite the chapel has al plaque stating 'Wind Mill. There is no windmill now to be seen, although there once was, when called Pit Green. A place where local folk met for prayer, in the days before the chapel was there. From ancient maps as best we can tell, before then it was called Railey Fell. On the ridge of the valley above the River Wear. These stones mark its place in the millennium year"