Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Tillside Civil Parish > Chatton Parish, 1848 > Weetwood Township, 1848

Weetwood Township, 1848


WEETWOOD, a township, in the parish of Chatton, union of Glendale, E. division of Glendale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 2 miles (N.E.) from Wooler. It lies east of the road between Wooler and Berwick, and upon the north bank of the Till, at a short distance south from Horton Castle; and is delightfully situated. A fair is held on Whit-Tuesday, when there are very large shows of cattle, horses, and sheep: servants, also, are hired at this fair.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.

Chatton Parish, 1848
from https://openlibrary.org/boo...
A topographical dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, 7th Ed., 1848
- A topographical dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships, and the islands of Guernsey, Jersey, and Man, with historical and statistical ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES