War Memorial, Newton Arlosh


The war memorial in Newton Arlosh is loacted in the churchyard of St John's Church. The memorial was unveiled on the 6th of October 1920 to commemorate 9 local servicemen who died in the First World War.[1] It was late further dedicated to 2 local men who died in the Second World War.

from Geograph (geograph)
The War Memorial at Newton Arlosh

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from Geograph (geograph)
The War Memorial at Newton Arlosh

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from Geograph (geograph)
The War Memorial at Newton Arlosh

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from https://www.iwm.org.uk/memo...
NEWTON ARLOSH
- "....TWO STEPPED BASE SURMOUNTED BY SQUARE COLUMN AND LATIN CROSS. CARVED INSCRIPTION ON THE SIDES OF THE COLUMN. SIDE ONE: IN/ HONOUR OF THE/ MEN OF THIS PARISH/ WHO FELL ...

Added by
Edmund Anon

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES